New Position - Camera Technician
Mears Construction - Toledo, OH
MEARS GROUP, INC
Job Title: Camera Technician/Camera Operator
Reports To : Manager
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
We use camera equipment to quickly and conveniently complete inspections from the street level of customer’s site. These inspections are used to mark the sewer/storm utilities so that we can prevent damage during construction.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Based upon level of position, not all functions may apply)
- Understanding of the electronic and mechanical processes cameras use to film or to capture photos.
- Calibrating specific camera components to disassemble and repairing electrical and mechanicals parts.
- Providing useful and detailed reports.
- Monitoring the location of all the equipment from above ground.
- Providing customers with updated information.
- Operating the remote controlled sewer camera.
- Other duties as required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (Based upon level of position, not all may apply)
- Require a High School Diploma or GED
- Must be reliable and able to work in a team environment
- Excellent reading skills to understand and comprehend all construction warning signs
- Retain a valid driver s license with less than 6 points
- Require to pass a pre-employment drug test and subsequent random drug tests
- Be able to work out of state for extended periods of time
- Great attention to safety
- Willing to travel
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The position lifts heavy objects, walks and stands for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. Will be lifting, pushing, pulling or carries heavy objects; using abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support. Must have good manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination and balance. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.